If you are a hobbyist auto mechanic who loves to dig into car engines until the wee hours of the morning while most people are under their blankets, it involves the spirit of “do it yourself” and you are not afraid. to get stained with grease. hands or if you are in an emergency situation, a very helpful resource is the availability of the proper auto repair manuals.
There are two types of auto repair manuals:
The great thing about online manuals is that whatever manual you need for any brand of car, it’s just a few mouse clicks away; you can download it from the internet in no time.
If time is an important factor for you, for example, if you are in a situation that requires immediate repair information and your knowledge about the specific problem is limited, the quickest and cheapest solution is to search for high-quality vehicle repair manuals. quality online.
Some of these manuals include not only repair information, but also up-to-date technical service information, and some of them even include approximate business hours. This is valuable information if you decide to take your car to a mechanic – you will know in advance how much you can expect to pay for the repair. Most of these websites charge a minimal fee for their service, but compared to what you’ll get, it’s well worth it.
Good vehicle repair manual sites also have up-to-date diagnostic and maintenance information. Their manuals are original service manuals written by the manufacturers and contain the original workshop repair descriptions. Therefore, many professional automotive technicians use quality downloadable manuals. .
Good manuals contain thousands of pages of diagrams and all the detailed information needed for specific vehicle and auto part repair.
I have chosen to briefly review three of the best printed auto repair manuals available on the market today. If you choose these over the online alternative, please allow some time for shipping and handling.
- the goal is the experienced mechanic and is considered by many experts as the undisputed best reference.
- probably the most detailed auto repair book available
- Unfortunately, Bentley primarily focuses on European models, not American models.
- Factory certified mechanics are the target of these service manuals and sadly, they are not hobbyists.
- may require access to special tools available only to authorized mechanics.
- Simple step-by-step procedures, easy-to-follow standard format, your target audience is the average backyard mechanic
- focusing on basic maintenance and repairs
- It contains a large number of sequential photographs and graphics to simplify maintenance and make work fun and easy.
- New cars are treated with special care. However, older cars are grouped together and the instructions for these are a bit more generalized.