In today’s unstable economy, most of us try to save a penny here and there. And when it comes time to put the home on the market, some homeowners choose not to hire a professional Home Stager. There is no judgment here, we all decide for ourselves what is best for us. But for homeowners who can do it yourself, let me share some tips on preparing your home for sale if you are on a budget.
1. Start with an attractive exterior. Your home should look well maintained and tidy: mow the lawn, remove all dead or dead flowers and plants, vigorously spray the entire home to get rid of cobwebs and dirt, it will give the home a freshly painted look.
2. Inside, remove all personal items: photos, collections, achievement awards, antiques. It will distract potential home buyers’ attention and prevent them from moving mentally.
3. Remove all clutter and extra furniture. Additional seating furniture, end tables, statues, books, magazines – it all creates clutter and you want the rooms to appear as open and large as possible. For example, most dining room sets can go with four chairs instead of six.
4. In the kitchen remove everything from the countertops. All small appliances, paper towel holders, cutting boards, etc. – Hide everything in the closets. It will increase the appearance of your countertop space, exactly what buyers are looking for. A nice vase with fruit or a couple of trinkets will give your kitchen a more inviting look.
5. In the bathroom, put all your personal items in the basket and hide them under the sink. Freshen up the look of your bathroom with fresh flowers, clean white towels, and preferably a new shower curtain.
6. If you want to give your home a totally new and fresh look, painting is one of the cheapest ways to do it. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to buy a gallon or two of paint. The return on this type of investment will be enormous. The trick here is that you need to pick the right paint color, which will appeal to most buyers. If you need help choosing the right color scheme for your home makeover, contact Studio 74.
7. And remember: the cleaner the house, the newer it looks. So, while preparing houses for sale, clean everything from top to bottom, in the end it is all worth it.
For more tips and ideas on how to prepare homes for sale, call Studio 74.