A collection of the best rock / metal artists who have used Mesa Boogie Amps live or in the studio.
10. Killswitch Engage – Lead guitarist Joel Stroetzel has used a number of tabletop boogie amps, including double and triple rectifiers, as well as Stiletto series amps. Lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Patrick Lachman regularly tours with his Triple Rectifier.
9. Mastodon – Mastodon bassist Troy Sanders has been known to use the Mesa Big Block 750 bass head with Mesa Boogie cabinets as well.
8. Coheed and Cambria – Travis and Claudio use the Mesa Boogie Stiletto as well as the Dual and Triple Rectifier.
7. As I Dying – Phil Sgrosso is known for using various Mesa Boogie cabinets.
6. Thrice – Although Thrice has recently been using the Marshall JCM series amps, their choice from the start was the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier.
5. Korn: Artists Head and Munky use the triple rectifiers both live and in the studio.
4. Burial – Singer Andreas Kisser uses a triaxis preamp and Strategy 500 power amp.
3. Tool – Lead guitarist Adam Jones is known to use a dual rectifier in live situations.
2. Alice in Chains – Jerry Cantrell has been known to use a dual rectifier on occasion.
1. Metallica – Lead singer and rhythm guitarist James Hetfield is known to use many different models of the Mesa Boogie line, most notably his use of the Mesa Boogie Mark series amplifiers. Lead guitarist Kirk Hammett used Marshall amps early on, but he also went on to use the Mesa Boogie Mark series.
While not responsible for the careers of these artists, Mesa Boogie amps have certainly helped them achieve their musical voice over the years.